Economic Development Advisory Board
- 6 p.m. to Quarterly on the second Tuesday of the month in February, May, August and November
- City Administration Building
City Council Chambers
107 E. Main Street
Xenia, OH 45385
Agendas and Minutes
For information on Economic Development Advisory Board agendas and meeting minutes, please email the City Clerk or call 937-376-7235.
- Richard Montgomery
- David Thompson
- Forest Wilson
- Bryan Shirey (XCS Superintendent’s designee)
About the Board
The Economic Development Advisory Board is governed by Xenia Codified Ordinance Part Two - Administration Code, Title Eight: Boards, Commissions, and Committees, Chapter 283: Economic Development Advisory Board. The Board shall consist of five voting members who are appointed by the City Council to staggered four-year terms and one voting member of the Xenia Community School Board of Education to be appointed and a term limit determined by the president of the Board of Education. The Xenia Community Schools Superintendent, or his or her designee, shall serve as an ex-officio member with no voting privileges. In addition to the mentioned Board members, the President of City Council shall recommend, and the City Council shall appoint, a member of City Council to chair the Board. The City Council Chairperson shall be appointed for a one-year term. The staff representative is the Development Director.
The Economic Development Advisory Board shall, in the interest of the sustainability of the city and the economic betterment of its citizens, serve as the core advisory body regarding all economic development interests and activities for the city. The Board shall advise and assist administrative leadership and the City Council in matters related to economic development planning and advocacy. The powers and duties of the Economic Development Advisory Board shall be exercised and performed as follows:
- To meet and confer with the Director of Development as herein prescribed for the purposes of reviewing, advising on, and providing support to the various economic development programs, initiatives, and activities as may be pursued by the city or other such things as may be deemed appropriate by the City Council
- To make recommendations to the City Manager and the City Council on necessary improvements to and expansion of infrastructure systems to encourage growth and investment among private sector enterprises
- To review and make recommendations to the City Council on: applications for tax incentive programs; Enterprise Zone arrangements; TIF, JEDD, and annexation agreements
- To make recommendations to City Council as to amending the codified ordinances on matters regarding the business climate, economic development programs and incentives, or other matters directly related to increasing the economic vitality of the community
- To prepare, on an annual basis and through the coordination of the Director of Development and the City Manager, a long-term economic development strategy for recommendation to City Council
- To appoint subcommittees of the Board, among which shall include, but not be limited to, a Loan Review Committee, a Tax Incentive Review Committee, and an Ohio Enterprise Zone Negotiation Committee, to perform particular aspects of the duties herein described, which shall report findings and recommendations to the full Board and which shall include additional subcommittee members as determined by the Board
- To recommend policies and guidelines for the conduct of all groups, subcommittees and other entities, whether volunteer or otherwise, who or which participate in or are in any way involved with any city economic development activity and to present the same to the City Manager and the City Council
Interested in Serving?
If a vacancy on the Board is noted above and you are interested in serving, please contact City Clerk Michelle Johnson at (937) 376-7235 or email.