We are excited to announce that Greene County has partnered with the U.S. Census Bureau to support the #2020Census! As a partner, we'll be working to ensure that our community is accurately represented. To learn about the upcoming census, visit the 2020 Census website.
Explore 2020 Census Jobs
Counting everyone in the United States and Five U.S. Territories is a massive undertaking. It constitutes the nation's largest peacetime mobilization of its workforce. To help, the Census Bureau is hiring hundreds of thousands of people in communities across the country to assist with the 2020 count. Join the team!
Important Information You Need to Know
Differences Between the 2020 Census and the 2010 Census
- The Census Bureau is building a more accurate address list coupled with an automation of field operations
- The 2020 Census will be the first time that individuals will be able to respond online as well as by phone, and mail
- Data that the public has already provided will be used to cut down in-person follow up visits to non-responding households
How is Census Data Used?
- Distribution of more than $675 billion in federal funds back to tribal, state, and local governments
- Redistricting of state legislative districts
- Forecasting future transportation and infrastructure needs for all segments of the population
- Determining areas eligible for housing and assistance and rehabilitation loans
- Assisting federal, tribal, state and local governments in planning and implementing programs, services and emergency response
- Designing facilities for people with disabilities, the elderly, and children
- Real-estate Developers use Census data for site analysis
- and much, much more...